Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kim got moved to Room 1618 at the Roberts Hospital at Baylor Hospital at 5:00A.M. We had never been at Baylor Hospital before, but it is pretty amazing. There are quite a few hospitals all connected by hallways. They have a very good cafeteria as well as several markets that serve meals and snacks. Kim's room is a suite. There is an extra room attached with a couch, chairs, a T.V., and a separate bathroom. We could move in, but I don't think we would get any sleep. I think we will just take turns going back to the hotel to rest. The hotel is in the hospital. Very convenient.
Kim is very swollen and her head is wrapped in ice. She eats by squirting liquid thru a syringe. It is very tedious and she tires easily. Her right eye won't close all the way, but the doctor said this will go away. Last night her left eye was drooping, but today it is fine.
She is pleased to report that she can actually breathe much better already, her mouth closes more easily and there is more room in her mouth for her tongue. I'm glad she is finding some positive outcome already.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it's getting better already! Can't wait to see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baylor Hospital is amazing. I was a candy striper
    volunteer in high school there. Not so familiar with the elevators, I arrived at my appointed
    assignment, only to find out I had taken a wrong turn and was at the morgue. The very nice nurse
    told me she did not think they needed me there.
    Well, anyway, glad you are comfortable and so relieved Kim is on the mend. Just pay attention
    to the signage on the elevators !!! Love, Linda and Leighton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers going out to Kim and folks from the Dillows! Glad to hear that recovery is underway...I know the anticipation of the surgery was hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that she's feeling the positive effects already - this will be such a life-changing event for her, and for y'all as well. Extremely encouraged to hear that all has gone well so far, and looking forward to hearing more and more good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see that Kim can already see the positives in this. You all are in my prayers and for Kim to have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray for you, Kim. So glad for the good news. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow God is great! I'm excited to hear that you can already breathe better. Can't wait to see the progress. Love ya and will continue to pray for you, your family and docs.
    Tammy D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that the surgery went well! Kim - I'm sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way for a smooth (but fast!) recovery :)
    - Megan White

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise God!! I'm so happy that there are such positive things already from this surgery!! I've been praying and will keep praying for Kim, for her parents, doctors, nurses, staff, etc. Thank for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete